Sunday, February 05, 2006

Who reads this anyway?



So I have been keeping at this new diet plan for 3 weeks. I would say I've lost about 9 pounds over the three weeks. I did switch which scale I will count as my official weight---because weighing in on a scale that average 5 pounds over a normal scale is psychologically demoralizing. That accounts for a little of the weight loss---but most of it is real.

The major changes I have made:
1800 calories a day, not including vegetables (in other words, probably 2000 calories/day)
1 tablespoon flaxseed oil, 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil per day (averages 360 calories of diet)
sides for meals are salad or vegetables- very limited pasta.
Limited red meat.

Basically, I am eating balanced meals---a little protein, fat, and carbohydrate at each meal. And I would say that this strategy is kicking ass. From October 31 to January 15 or so when I started this, I had lost about 9 pounds. Yes, that is pretty good, but until I really revised my diet, I didn't SEE very much in the way of results. Now I can see the difference clearly. And it makes it that much easier to imagine the next ten pounds coming off...and then I'll start to really feel like my old self. I'm very psyched!

1 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Anonymous andrea said...

Hi,

I don't know if you still actively post on this blog as I only just discovered it on google and the posts I have read were written 4 years ago. But I found you because I am also dealing with a combination of Hashimoto's thyroiditis and vulvadynia... and I have also been on a T3. I would be very interested in comparing stories with you. Especially as my new endocrinologist today made a link between the T3 replacement hormone and my vulva symptoms.

You can contact me through blogger I think! Thanks, I hope to hear from you - and I hope you are feeling great. i Sincerely, Andrea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home